[Paleopsych] Wiki: Golden Plates

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Mon Aug 8 04:49:54 UTC 2005

Frank, I am not sure why you sent this, but it is a fair and balanced
(Fox? <grin?) outline. The discussion on the weight omits the
consideration that thin leaves of metal do not weigh nearly as much for
the space displaced as solid metal; hence, Vogel's criticism is
irrelevant. The estimate of around 60# would fit with a book of gold
alloy of leaves, not a solid mass.

FYI, the arguably best pages for Book of Mormon apologetics are:

http://www.fairlds.org/
and
http://www.farms.byu.edu/

Farms: foundation for ancient research and mormon studies

Best,
Lynn