[Paleopsych] WETA-FM Alert

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Sat Feb 5 10:47:00 UTC 2005

This is the first alert I've ever sent out. I realize that the economics
of broadcasting is driving the proposed format change from classical
(which played no classical music during "rush" hour) to all news, as
though another all-news station were needed. I suspect that the licensing
regulations distort the economics here. In any case, greater exposure to
the Occident's and the world's finest artistic product is sorely needed.
Thanks to Antony Ody for bringing this to our attention.

I should also thank Allen Mackler, the former scheduling manager of
WETA-FM, friend, and record collector, now a booster of Sherlock Holmes
scholarship and member of the Baker St. Irregulars, for his regular
program on WETA-FM, "Collectors' Hour," of classical 78s, spliced in with
his informative as well as witty commentary. I am not sure if any such
program survives on this continent today.

--Frank

-------------------

The NSO Director of Artistic planning has put a letter together protesting
WETA's forthcoming format change from classical to all-news. If you agree,
please add your name to the bottom and pass it along to anyone else you think
would be willing to sign this.

Thanks,

Jennifer

--

Jennifer Faircloth
jfaircloth at att.net

Please read the letter below and sign and pass on. Thank you.

Rosa Lamoreaux