[Paleopsych] Democratic Family Values

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 15 14:31:32 UTC 2005

These are values, which means that we can
assert them until they are heard.

The budget was in surplus before the Bush tax
cuts which mostly benefited the rich and which
have not resulted in an economic boom.

I have heard that there are many corporations
which do not pay taxes, and many use off-shore
registrations to avoid them.  We can stop that.

China has been booming because American
companies have been moving factories there
to get cheap labor.

It is widely believed that taking measures to
defend our economy would cause a trade war.
We are already in a trade war, and our trade
deficit is proof of that.

The Great Depression of the 1930's was caused
by a reduction in the money supply, not by
trade measures.

Spain provides basic health care to everyone
for about $700 per capita per year, whereas
we spend more than $4,000 per year per capita
and have 40+ million uninsured.

In the midwest, wind turbines are being
installed very quickly, and there are many
other possibilities.  The main thing is to stop
the active opposition which comes from
Bush oil cronies.