[Paleopsych] Positive emotions and perceptual accuracy

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 16 05:48:12 UTC 2005

This is very encouraging:

"There is abundant evidence now of neoneurogenisis,
or new nerve cell growth as the result of brain exercises."

I have an exercise similar to yours that I do on the street:
glancing at people and trying to decide what their
emotional state is.  I'm not sure it improves my empathy,
but it does train me to pay attention to their states.