[Paleopsych] Re: perceptual accuracy study

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Thu Feb 17 05:35:13 UTC 2005

Who are we? A secret government agency, we have one black helicopter but
it is in the shop right now and we get around in Ford Probes. You have
been Probed.

All seriousness aside: Paleopsych is a listserv of fans of Howard Bloom,
author of The Lucifer Principle and Global Brain. It is a group of
scientists,  academics, some clinicians like me, and a motley crew of
unclassified people.
Howard's website: http://www.howardbloom.net/

I'm a clinical psychologist practicing in Salt Lake City. I picked up on
your study from another Listserv, the Appreciative Inquiry list. There
was a reference to a press release from UM. I read the press release and
passed it on to Paleopsych.
AI website: http://appreciativeinquiry.cwru.edu/

Human potential is an occasional thread, and I come from the positive
psychology area, solution-focused psychotherapy, and appreciative
inquiry. Background in emotional intelligence. I liked the study because
I have read a lot of the current pos psych stuff and Fredrickson's
articles and pass them on. Tomorrow I speak to a group of businessmen
about positive psych (they have all taken Seligman's ASQ and we are
going to discuss optimism) and I will probably print out the UM press
release, pass it out, and discuss it. When we are happy we are smarter,
will be my theme. They don't all believe it. One is quite critical of my
ideas. One is enthusiastic. Some have glazed eyes. We will discuss how
your study shows an increase in a kind of quick intelligence from
cheerfulness. So your name will be taken, possibly in vain. Thanks for
replying so promptly, I passed your reply on to the listserv. If there
is more discussion, I will let you know.
thanks again,
Lynn Johnson
no relation to Kareem