[Paleopsych] religion

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Sun Feb 27 15:21:20 UTC 2005

Paul, this is a wonderful reminder. I did some searching on it, and it
seems that this 1975 study has held up well. We certainly have the
capacity for mystical experiences; I recall last year a study where a
researcher in Britain had constructed a helmut that produced some weak
rotating magnetic fields over the right temporal lobe; people felt
ineffible, mystical sensations. Except, of course, Richard Dawkins, who
put the helmut on and said, in essence, "Nope, I don't feel a thing."
the researcher commented that Dawkin's right temporal lobe seemed
underdeveloped. LOL.
Lynn