[Paleopsych] Rocket Fuel Is Good for You!

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 19:53:33 UTC 2005

Rocket Fuel Is Good for You!

A National Academy of Sciences report says up to 20
parts per billion (ppb) of the rocket fuel chemical
perchlorate in drinking water could be considered
"safe." Perchlorate affects thyroid function, with
children believed to be especially vulnerable. The
Environmental Protection Agency previously set 1 ppb
as the "safe" perchlorate level; the Defense
Department suggested 200 ppb. The Natural Resources
Defense Council says the NAS report was compromised by
"a brazen campaign" by White House and Defense
Department officials and defense contractors "to
downplay the hazards" of perchlorate. Through the
Freedom of Information Act, NRDC obtained documents
suggesting politically-driven pressures on the scope
of the NAS investigation, the composition of the NAS
panel, and the report.

http://www.prwatch.org/node/3179

=====
My blog:
http://shallowreflections.blogspot.com/

Link to my website, including art, flash poetry and fledgling CafePress store (t-shirts, bumperstickers etc): http://www.soulaquarium.net

We are stardust, we are golden, We are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden. - Joni Mitchell

"We don't fear the unknown. We fear how the unknown might cause us to re-evaluate the known." - Unknown