[Paleopsych] Re: An Evolutionary Mind...

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Fri Jan 14 05:07:43 UTC 2005

Alice,
Wonderful! I am glad for you. It is always worthwhile to share something
you clearly worked hard on. I also read the Dembski review in the same
issue, and had fun with that.

    You said, The feminist academic psychologist also asked me if it was
not dangerous to our students to teach that "motherhood is innate and
that the only way to be happy is to be a mother."
   You have identified the problem I have with feminists, namely that
they ignore data that contradicts their theory, and they believe that
only ideas that support their theory should be taught.
    At another level, you have identified a classic difference between
modern conservatism and modern liberalism. The conservative believes
that people cannot be perfected by society, the liberal believes that,
given the right society, people can be perfected. Every contrary example
is explained away.
    And I liked your description of your reaction to the dutch treat
date where the man wanted to kiss you, even though you were raised not
to have just that reaction. Sounds innate! So I think your article was a
thought-provoking one and I hope it is widely read. I will forward it to
the paleo list and encourage people to look it up.

Lynn