[Paleopsych] Evolutionary / Man and society

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 17 16:52:55 UTC 2005

Unintended negative consequences are not an adequate
argument for the complete abolition of welfare.

They are an argument for inspection to prevent
abuses and for adjustments to the system when
negative unintended consequences manifest.

There can also be good unintended consequences
from any action.  One might invest a small amount
of money in an unknown company and have it
turn into Microsoft.