[Paleopsych] stereotypes

G. Reinhart-Waller waluk at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 6 23:04:03 UTC 2005

Michael Christopher wrote:

>>Germans without antisemitism in their families would
still have known to avoid shopping at Jewish stores or
being seen associating with Jews, picking up on their
"marked" status and fearing the consequences of
associating with a scapegoated class. >>

Gerry replies:

Since my husband is from a tightly knit German family (both parents were of German heritage) I've know lots of ethnic Germans and never have I ever seen or heard any of them refuse to shop at "Jewish stores" or hang out with Jews.  One possible explanation could be that very few shops in California are designated as "Jewish" the way they are in the greater Boston area.  I fear that what you are conveying could be another "urban legend".

Gerry