[Paleopsych] Want to Know: London Bombing Cover-up

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Fri Jul 15 19:32:04 UTC 2005

London Bombing Cover-up
http://www.WantToKnow.info/050713londonbombingcoverup
[Thanks to Laird for this.]

                                London Bombing
                    Strange Coincidences Suggest Cover-up

    "At half past nine this morning we were actually running an exercise
    for a company of over a thousand people in London based on
    simultaneous bombs going off precisely at the railway stations where
    it happened this morning, so I still have the hairs on the back of my
    neck standing up right now."
      -- Former Scotland Yard Official Peter Power on BBC, 7/7/05
    July 13, 2005
    Dear friends,

    Many strange facts from highly credible sources are coming in
    regarding the recent London bombings. The most astonishing is the
    following conversation which took place the afternoon of the London
    bombing on BBC radio. The BBC host interviewed Peter Power, Managing
    Director of Visor Consultants, which bills itself as a 'crisis
    management' advice company. Peter Power was a former Scotland Yard
    official.

    A Coincidence?

    POWER: At half past nine this morning we were actually running an
    exercise for a company of over a thousand people in London based on
    simultaneous bombs going off precisely at the railway stations where
    it happened this morning, so I still have the hairs on the back of my
    neck standing up right now.

    HOST: To get this quite straight, you were running an exercise to see
    how you would cope with this, and it happened while you were running
    the exercise?

    POWER: Precisely, and it was about half past nine this morning. We
    planned this for a company, and for obvious reasons I don't want to
    reveal their name but they're listening and they'll know it. And we
    had a room full of crisis managers for the first time they'd met. And
    so within five minutes we made a pretty rapid decision that this is
    the real one, and so we went through the correct drills of activating
    crisis management procedures to jump from slow time to quick time
    thinking.

    This audio clip is still available on the BBC website at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive_aod.shtml?fivelive/drive_thu
    To go directly to the above section, in the BBC Radio Player column on
    the left, click the >>15 min button at the top four times to fast
    forward to 17:04, where the statement is made. This clip will
    unfortunately be removed Thursday, July 14th, one week after the
    original broadcast.

    Mr. Power repeats these statements on ITN television. The two-minute
    video clip is available at:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2005/110705bombingexercises.htm
    Below is another excerpt on this matter from the website of CBC,
    Canada's public broadcasting TV network:
http://www.cbc.ca/sunday/#night

    "CRISIS PLANNING: When there is an emergency like the London bombings,
    the public instinctively turns to professionals for help. We speak to
    two experts who are in Toronto today for the World Conference on
    Disaster Management. Adrian Gordon is the Executive Director of the
    Canadian Centre for Emergency Preparedness, and Peter Power is
    Managing Director of a London-based consulting firm that specializes
    in crisis management, Visor Consultants - which on the morning of July
    7 was co-incidentally running a security exercise for a private firm,
    simulating multiple bomb explosions in the London Underground, at the
    same stations that were subsequently attacked in real life."

    And here is a two-minute video clip on CBC of Power telling his story:
http://www.cbc.ca/MRL/clips/rm-lo/charles_disasters050711.rm

    Why didn't these astounding statements draw front-page coverage both
    in the UK and US? And why is Peter Power now backtracking on some of
    his earlier comments? This situation is strikingly similar to a
    situation on 9/11 which should have made front-page headlines that was
    reported in the Boston Globe:
http://www.boston.com/news/packages/sept11/anniversary/wire_stories/0903_plane_exercise.htm
    "In what the government describes as a bizarre coincidence, one U.S.
    intelligence agency was planning an exercise last Sept. 11 in which an
    errant aircraft would crash into one of its buildings. But the cause
    wasn't terrorism -- it was to be a simulated accident. Officials at
    the Chantilly, Va.-based National Reconnaissance Office [NRO] had
    scheduled an exercise that morning in which a small corporate jet
    would crash into one of the four towers at the agency's headquarters
    building after experiencing a mechanical failure. The agency is about
    four miles from the runways of Washington Dulles International
    Airport." [So it was just a short hop for the NRO team to run over and
    secure the Pentagon. And by the way, the [43]NRO has a budget
    estimated to be [44]three times that of the US State Department]

    London Bombs of Military Origin

    Reuters news service reports below on the explosives used in the
    London bombing:
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-07-11T122706Z_01_N11466902_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-SECURITY-BRITAIN-INTELLIGENCE-DC.XML

    "'The explosives appear to be of military origin, which is very
    worrying,' said Christophe Chaboud, head of the French Anti-Terrorism
    Coordination Unit and one of five top officials sent by Paris to
    London immediately after Thursday's attacks."

    The London Times has an article confirming this:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-20749-1690391-20749,00.html

    "A SINGLE bombmaker using high-grade military explosives is believed
    to be responsible for building the four devices that killed more than
    50 people last week, The Times can reveal. Similar components from the
    explosive devices have been found at all four murder sites, leading
    detectives to believe that each of the 10lb rucksack bombs was the
    work of one man. They also believe that the materials used were not
    home made but sophisticated military explosives, possibly smuggled
    into Britain from the Balkans."

    Phony Al Qaeda Claims?

    Then MSNBC informs us that the note posted on an alleged Al
    Qaeda-related website claiming responsibility for the bombings may be
    phony:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8496293/

    "MSNBC TV translator Jacob Keryakes, who said that a copy of the
    message was later posted on a secular Web site, noted that the claim
    of responsibility contained an error in one of the Quranic verses it
    cited. That suggests that the claim may be phony, he said. 'This is
    not something al-Qaida would do,' he said."

    Blair Opposes Probe Into Bombings?

    And the highly respected Financial Times has an article titled: "Blair
    rejects calls for probe into bombings"
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/8186face-f17a-11d9-9c3e-00000e2511c8.html

    "Tony Blair will on Monday reject Conservative demands for a
    government inquiry into last week's London bomb attacks, insisting
    such a move would distract from the task of catching the
    perpetrators."

    Does this make any sense? Why wouldn't an investigation help to
    prevent something like this from happening again? Blair's stance is
    strikingly similar to the early opposition by both President Bush and
    Vice President Cheney to the establishment of an independent
    commission to probe 9/11"
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/05/15/attack/main509096.shtml
http://www.wanttoknow.info/020204newsweek

    "President Bush took a few minutes during his trip to Europe Thursday
    to voice his opposition to establishing a special commission to probe
    how the government dealt with terror warnings before Sept. 11."

    "Cheney was calling to pre-emptively protest public hearings by other
    committees. If the Democrats insisted, Bush administration officials
    might say they're too busy running the war on terrorism to show up.
    Press the issue, Cheney implied, and you risk being accused of
    interfering with the mission."

    You Can Make a Difference

    Is it possible that there is more to these bombings that we are being
    led to believe? We have a wealth of information from highly reliable
    sources suggesting that, at the very least, 9/11 was consciously
    allowed to happen by certain elements within the government in order
    to forward the war agenda. You can find this revealing information
    with links to all original sources in our 9/11 Information Center at
http://www.wanttoknow.info/911information

    Please help to play the role at which our press is so sadly failing by
    spreading this important news to your friends and colleagues. By
    opening our eyes to what is going on and educating ourselves and those
    around us, we can and will build a critical mass which will force
    major changes and bring us back to a full democracy of the people, by
    the people, and for the people. Thanks for caring and you have a good
    day.

    With best wishes,
    Fred Burks for the [52]WantToKnow.info Team

    P.S. Important pieces of the above information were obtained from an
    excellent blog run by a colleague and friend of mine at:
    [53]http://georgewashington.blogspot.com

                 See our archive of cover-up news articles at
                  [54]http://www.WantToKnow.info/coverupnews

    Your donations, however large or small, help greatly to support this
    important work.
    To make a secure donation:
    [55]http://order.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?storeID=6CYJA

    Explore these empowering websites coordinated by website founder Fred
    Burks:
    [56]http://www.momentoflove.org - Every person in the world has a
    heart
    [57]http://www.WantToKnow.info - Revealing major cover-ups & working
    together for the good of all
    [58]http://www.gcforall.org - Building a Global Community for All
    [59]http://www.weboflove.org - Strengthening the Web of Love that
    interconnects us all
    Together, we are building a better world based on love and cooperation
    -- To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the WantToKnow.info email list
    (avg. one every two or three days), send an email to
    [60]wecare at wanttoknow.info with "subscribe deep" or "unsubscribe deep"
    in the subject line.

    London Bombing Cover-up