[Paleopsych] Sify: Now, Weblogs for extraterrestrials

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Sun Jul 24 15:04:08 UTC 2005

Now, Weblogs for extraterrestrials
http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=13900526

Thursday, 21 July , 2005, 11:39

Is there anybody out there? And if there is, what will alien life forms make of
bloggers signed up to new service to beam their online rantings into outer
space?

"We are giving bloggers the opportunity to send a piece of their lives into
space to potentially connect with extraterrestrials," says Ted Murphy of the
Florida-based firm MindComet.

"I've always believed that other intelligent life forms are out there, and now,
for the first time, they will be able to peer into the life of average Homo
sapiens," Murphy says.

Humans have been sending television and radio signals into space for decades.

Now MindComet wants to offer any aliens a new way of looking at Earth.

"This program gives us the opportunity to show our race in a different light,"
Murphy says.

While the service says it supports "intergalactic free speech", bloggers are
asked to keep their contributions "clean".

Extraterrestrials could have sensitive ears, and online weblogs should be
suitable for an alien family audience, and without explicit content.

"Aliens may find your lifestyle, grammar or the picture of your girlfriend
offensive, we just don't know," the website says.

Bloggers must also promise not to make money from aliens.

"The site may not be used to sell products or services to alien life forms or
to increase alien traffic to your blog," according to the terms of use.

According to the latest statistics there are 178 blog feeds, from 14 countries
and in four languages, registered with the site.