[Paleopsych] NYT Op-Ed: Scaring Us Senseless

Gerry waluk at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 15:39:02 UTC 2005

I was also unfamiliar with the term:

 From Wikipedia:
*False flag* operations are covert operations conducted by governments,
corporations, or other organizations, which are designed to appear as if
they are being carried out by other entities. The name is derived from
the military concept of flying false colors </wiki/False_colors>; that
is, flying the flag of another country other than your own. This was
considered acceptable provided one lowered the false flag and raised the
national flag before engaging in battle. Auxiliary cruisers
</wiki/Auxiliary_cruiser> operated in such a fashion in both World Wars.
In the most notable example, the German Kormoran
</wiki/German_auxiliary_cruiser_Kormoran> raider surprised and sank the
Australian light cruiser HMAS Sydney </wiki/HMAS_Sydney> in 1941
</wiki/1941>, causing the greatest loss of life on an Australian ship ever.

Gerry Reinhart-Waller