[Paleopsych] English

G. Reinhart-Waller waluk at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 11 02:33:00 UTC 2005

Thanks Paul for this reply and for your historical
rendition.  I have taken the liberty of posting this to
my language-origins group because I believe your
interpretation of what's needed in understanding
language is "spot on".

Language is not only the words or sentence structure we
use; it also encompasses the "sense" of what we are
trying to say.  I totally agree that for anyone to have
a Worldly View, one needs to be versant in Arabic,
Chinese and English.   Only then will a scholar have a
handle on language.

Gerry Reinhart-Waller