[Paleopsych] The next world language

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Sat Mar 12 16:40:22 UTC 2005

A colleague who is an international business consultant says same.
English is lingua franca everywhere, from Asia to Europe. He said he was
at a meeting with both German and French workers, and they speak English
as the common language. I love English. Here is a great resource:
    http://www.etymonline.com/

That said, here is a quiz:

What do you call someone who speaks three languages?
    Trilingual

What about someone who speaks two languages?
    Bilingual

And what do we call someone who speaks one language?
    American

Lynn
    -former trilingual
fluent in English, capable in Spanish, German has almost totally
disappeared. If we could only get a lot of illegal Germans waiting on me
at McDonalds's I could get my German back quickly.