Etymology of Jazz Re: [Paleopsych] The next world language

K.E. guavaberry at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 14 02:56:31 UTC 2005

At 07:45 PM 3/13/2005, you wrote:
>Thanks, interesting point. The online OED says "jazz" is of unknown origin.

yes it is also wrong.
It's a fraternity -
you'll read  it over and over and over . . . everywhere

Cause folks see it everywhere they think it must be true.

>  If you can't trust OED, whom can you?

well, it's always a matter of  scholarship,
the fraternity of who is in charge of the "knowing"
the gatekeepers,

Facts exist outside the gatekeepers control.
When they decide to update dictionaries is
another story

Jazz is an Irish word and it's a fact.

Glad you enjoyed it.

best,