[Paleopsych] From Eshel--A Glitch in Genetic-centrism--Joel

HowlBloom at aol.com HowlBloom at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 06:34:49 UTC 2005

I envy you this experience, Val.

But you're right.  I suspect it's more than von Holst and Lorenz who  apply
here.  It's the spirit of the German holistic biologists of the 19th
Century--including Goethe.  They saw overarching form and its development  from sperm
and egg or from seed and pollen as one of the key mysteries  of science.

On your advice, I just ordered a copy of the translation, published under
the title: Behind  The Mirror: A Search for a Natural History of Human
Knowledge.

Warmly--Howard

In a message dated 3/29/2005 8:37:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,