[Paleopsych] schiavo

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 31 14:19:04 UTC 2005

I'm not sure that "disabled" applies to Shiavo.

She was born and lived for many years fully
enabled.

Due to her parent's neglect her bulemia
went untreated resulting in a heart attack
followed by some incident in a hospital
which left her brain dead.

There is a huge difference between her
and Christopher Reed, whose brain was
fully functional.

The decision to end life is made many
times every day in America.  I have had
several relatives, possibly including my
mother, who have made that decision.
Someday I may make that decision.

Just last night I saw a history channel
program about the origins of Hitler and