[Paleopsych] gender

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 18:32:10 UTC 2005

>>I think it's a really interesting possibility
that the forces that were active in our evolutionary
past have led men and women to evolve somewhat
differing concerns. But to jump from that possibility
into the present, and draw conclusions about what
people's motives will be for pursuing one or another
career, is way too big a stretch.<<

--Speaking for myself, as I get praise and recognition
for different traits, those traits develop faster. So
it wouldn't surprise me if girls who don't get praise
for being good at math or science beyond grade school
choose careers in another direction, or if boys don't
get recognition for being good with color don't go on
to become interior designers.