[Paleopsych] views of self

Todd I. Stark thrst4knw at aol.com
Thu Nov 3 22:24:35 UTC 2005

Interesing point ... we can even be our own enemy in this regard ... one
of the core theories of social psychology (Self-Perception Theory, Daryl
Bem) says that we evaluate ourselves by observing our own actions as if
we were an outside observer.  And then we tend to act consistently with
what we've inferred about ourselves that way (closely related to and
sometimes hard to distinguish from dissonance theory).