[Paleopsych] Howard Bloom invites you to a Reinventing Capitalism Event -- Reinventing Capitalism

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Sat Nov 12 16:08:37 UTC 2005

Howard,

Stop trying to save the world! Lots and lots of people have been
beating a drum for capitalism and free trade, and it's richly unclear
what new ideas you are going to add to the stew. Can you just tell us
what is different about your approach?

Instead of trying to save a world that will largely ignore you, you
should confine your efforts to giving us new tools to think with. We,
or some of us, will use these tools to save the world.

more than we need world saviors!

Frank
-----------
America and the Western world are in trouble.  Militant Islam says
that our civilization is obsolete and is about to crumble to dust.
The Chinese are working to make our obsolescence complete.

But American and Western Civilization are not reaching our end.  We
are standing at the beginning of a future of passion and artistry, a
future lifted by technologies beyond our dreams.  But we are only
standing at the start of this path of wonders if we MAKE IT THAT WAY.

During the last four years, I've stepped aside from science to write a
book called Reinventing Capitalism: Putting Soul In the Machine: A
Quick Revision of the Rise and Future of Western Civilization.  The
book is a total reperception of why you wake up every day, of why you
go to work, of what you and I do to save, uplift, console, empower,
and delight others, and of what you and I can do to express the you
that has always wanted to be freed but has never felt the time was
right.  Reinventing Capitalism is a reperception of the civilization
you and I have inherited, the civilization you and I now must remake.

While I was giving a presentation on quantum physics at an
International Conference on Quantum Informatics in Moscow (I kid you
not), a strange thing happened to Reinventing Capitalism and to the 27
key principles it espouses-principles that show you and me how to be
artists in our daily work and why we need to unleash our passions from
nine to five.  The still-unfinished book was made a key component of
an MBA program at The Graduate Institute in Milford, Connecticut.

And the founder of the Global Entertainment and Media Summits saw
Reinventing Capitalism as a tool with which to change the way we see
our world.and with which we can radically reshape our future.  Steve
Zuckerman, the founder of the Summits, has put together a two-day
meeting of some of the brightest business and entertainment minds in
North America to present and discuss the quick-and-easy but
tap-root-deep ideas about Reinventing Capitalism's Putting Soul In the
Machine.in the machine of your company and mine, in the machine of
your office, your industry, your culture, your personal life, and of
your species---in the machine of the human race.

No, this is not EST.  It's history, science, and the knowledge of the
invisible heart of business that you helped me acquire in 20 years
working with Sony, NBC-TV, New Line Cinema, Amnesty International,
Farm Aid, CBS, Warner Brothers, Paramount Pictures, EMI, ABC, Gulf and
Western, MCA/Universal, Manesmann, Polygram, Coca Cola, Pepsi Cola,
Disney, academic institutions, and extraordinarily bright individuals
like you.  It's the gut-sense you helped me evolve when we worked
together to generate $28 billion dollars in revenue for our
clients-more than the gross domestic product of Luxembourg and Qatar.
And when we worked together to put Amnesty International and Farm Aid
on the map.

You know as well as I do that when we brought in our greatest revenue
streams and made our greatest cultural contributions, we didn't do it
out of greed or cold calculation.  We did it out of bone-deep belief.

That knowledge-in-your-bones is the essence of what we'll discuss for
two days, December 2nd and December 3rd at 69 West Fourteenth Street.

I very much want you there.  The cost is trivial--$129.  And I'm
asking you to pay your own transportation and hotel costs.  But I want
to see you.  It's been a long time.  And I want your mind to
contribute to one of the strangest revolutions you will ever be a part
of.

When someone from Steve Zuckerman's team or mine calls you to give you
details, please say yes.

With warmth and gusto-Howard Bloom