[Paleopsych] Frank

HowlBloom at aol.com HowlBloom at aol.com
Sun Nov 13 02:31:37 UTC 2005

I respect your opinion, as you know.  I also value our  friendship.

I'm enclosing a copy of the draft of Reinventing Capitalism--which is NOT
about free market stuff.

See if you think there are new tools of understanding in it.  And let  me
know what you think.

Howard

Frank, I differ with your view of this. I teach a class for the
university MBA program, and in my humble (ha!) opinion, my MBA students
do need this. What I think Howard is going to offer is a key tool. A
public seminar is one way of sharing that tool with people who might not
otherwise learn about it.

Howard's unique view is capitalism as  entertainment, and (down one
level) entertainment as being secular  salvation, lifting people from
their ordinary lives. Thus, the successful  capitalist increases the
total amount of happiness in the world.

When  I saw the movie, New York Doll, I learned that Arthur "Killer" Kane
(bass  player for New York Dolls) had a very similar concept about the
purpose of  his music; last night ABC had a piece on happiness and a
successful  businessman was telling his class that complaints are gold,
they are what  you use to improve your customer's lives. It is a
significant reframe away  from the P/L statements that dominate and
stultify  business.

Lynn

paleopsych  mailing  list
paleopsych at paleopsych.org

----------
Howard Bloom
Author of The Lucifer Principle: A  Scientific Expedition Into the Forces of
History and Global Brain: The Evolution  of Mass Mind From The Big Bang to the
21st Century
Recent Visiting  Scholar-Graduate Psychology Department, New York University;
Core Faculty  Member, The Graduate  Institute
www.howardbloom.net
www.bigbangtango.net
Founder:  International Paleopsychology Project; founding board member: Epic
of Evolution  Society; founding board member, The Darwin Project; founder: The
Big Bang Tango  Media Lab; member: New York Academy of Sciences, American
Association for the  Advancement of Science, American Psychological Society,
Academy of Political  Science, Human Behavior and Evolution Society, International
Society for Human  Ethology; advisory board member: Institute for
Accelerating Change ; executive  editor -- New Paradigm book series.
For information on The International  Paleopsychology Project, see:
www.paleopsych.org
for two chapters from
The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition Into the Forces of History,
see www.howardbloom.net/lucifer
For information on Global Brain: The  Evolution of Mass Mind from the Big
Bang to the 21st Century, see  www.howardbloom.net