[Paleopsych] fundamentalism

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 15 18:19:45 UTC 2005

>>ACROSS the world, millions of people feel
threatened. They sense a dangerous enemy at the gates,
committed to values and beliefs they fear and despise,
and ready to impose its alien ideology on their
government, their life and their children's futures.<<

--No doubt this is something that's happened many
times before. I think it has something to do with the
perception that one's own group is the center of the
world, and the sudden realization that one doesn't
appear quite so important when seen from the outside.
Other groups, which want to be the center as much as
we do, do not see us the way we see ourselves, so we
become fundamentalist in resisting their worldview.
Anything that knocks people off a pedestal is viewed
as a threat, so even conscience can be projected onto
an enemy. That pushes enemies to fight even when it's
not in their interest -- each has to fight off the
"outside" perception of itself, by attacking an enemy.