[Paleopsych] scripture

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Wed Sep 21 01:02:22 UTC 2005

Michael hits that nail on the head. Scripture is like a Rorschach, you
tend to project into it what you wish. There is actually a fairly robust
dialog going on between Mormons and Evangelical Christians, but none of
that was reflected in the piece that Frank shared. Most Christians
totally reject the fellow's exigesis of what happens when one dies,
emphasizing Luke 16 (if my memory serves me -- the parable of the rich
man and Lazarus) as opposed to bitter stuff written by old King Solomon,
after his life became pointless to him. That part of the exigesis is
disallowed by the fellow writing, because of the notion that every word
of the bible is totally inspired, something Mormons scoff at.

We have more peer review in Christianity than Islam, but perhaps less
than Buddhism. That's why I referenced the fairlds.org site, there is
dialog there.

Yet the real question is how one lives the life one is given. Dr. Bruce
Grayson (U Conn) recounted an example: a minister dies, meets Jesus, and
begins asking him doctrinal questions, to which Jesus laughs and asks
him, "How did you treat the people I put into your life?"  Actually, the
minister wasn't totally and completely dead, just mostly dead, and with
a bit of Magical Max manipulation, he returned and told us the story.
All true.
Lynn