[extropy-chat] Guns

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 1 05:35:53 UTC 2003

... social cognitive feedback loops that generate civil
> > > behavior in most well-socialized adults...
> >
> > The participants have been remarkably civil this time
> > around.  Perhaps we really can discuss this topic.  {8-]
>

> I doubt it.
> It's a religious issue that is a matter of faith.
>
> Dirk

Dirk, it could be that a lot of gun debate is
pointless.  In this country, gun ownership is our
right, so the fed cannot legally challenge it in any
case.  Were the fed to attempt to do so, we would be
forced to conclude that our legal constitutional
government had been overthrown, and would be obligated
to take up arms against it restore a legal government.
That's pretty simple, isn't it?  Caustic debate on the
topic is unnecessary, pointless as hell.