[extropy-chat] Guns

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 04:53:06 UTC 2003

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:

> The faith I am referring to is the *belief* that society should have
> no say in the legitimacy of your position.

Ah, well, on that, society does have a say, and more than 3/4 of the US
population supports an individual right to keep and bear arms. 39
states have laws guaranteeing a right-to-carry-concealed, most of which
were passed in the last decade, a decade in which the US has seen crime
drop by half, a phenomenon seen in no other industrialized nation,
where no other industrialized nation has as gun laws as free as ours.
Society has spoken, in support of my position.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey