[extropy-chat] thank evolution for the interstate highway system

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 06:31:16 UTC 2003

> Ah, finally the statists trespass on one freedom that Californians
> cannot brook trespass against: the right to drive.
>
> =====
> Mike Lorrey

Roger that, big time.  They won't admit it, but the
tripling of the car tax is what got our previous sorry
excuse for a governor hurled out of office head first.
People looked the other way while all the other stuff
was going on, but when they messed with our wheels, it
was time to take action.  {8^D

Extropians, do stop and think about this: we all pay taxes
out the kazoo and most of it disappears into the mist, gone
forever.  But a little gets spent on a wonderful toy:
the interstate highway system.  And what a thing it is:
whenever we take a notion we can hop in our internal
combustion freedom machines and set out on a journey, on the
road like Jack Kerouac!  Just go, take off, get the hell
outta town for a while.  It doesn't even cost much, especially
if you take along camping gear and a cooler full of grub and
sodas and beer.  You can drive a typical detroit all day for
40 or 50 bucks, chase the far horizon for a solid week for just
a few Franklins.  You seldom need to slow down or pay a toll,
rarely get caught in heavy traffic, none of that, just roll
along for as long as you want.  This works especially well
out in the western US, big open country, no one around,
like a ride thru the desert on a horse with no name, cause
there aint no one there to give you no pain.  Psychiatrists
offices must be filled with people who have never discovered
driving your cares away on the open road, free wind blowing
in one ear and out the other.

What a terrific way to unwind!  Low cost getaway, man!
No need to compare it with sex, because you can do
both.  Not only can money buy happiness, it isn't even
particularly expensive any more.  Go with a sweetheart
or with a bunch of guys, or just go by yourself and have
a hell of a good time.  For those who understand the
extra freedom of going on two wheels, all the above
only more so.

If all tax dollars were spent as well as they
are on the good old interstate highway system, well
then, even *I* would be in favor of taxes, and this
is *me* talking.

{8-]

spike

Dont mess with our wheels or our roads.