[extropy-chat] Re: More on the Glofish: When Fish Fluoresce, Can Teenagers Be Far Behind?

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Thu Dec 4 03:04:11 UTC 2003

> >There are actually federal laws prohibiting intentionally
> > making yourself medically unfit for military service. Ostensibly it is
> > an act of sabotage that aids and abets the enemy.
>
> THAT is interesting! I had no idea. How would this law effect  people who
> wanted to upload at an early age? Hmmm. Something to ponder.........

Are you serious?  Presumably these laws apply to intentional actions
directly aimed at avoiding military service, say, chopping off your
foot after receiving your draft notification or later when in the
trenches.

They don't apply if you tattoo yourself in day-glo or chop off your
foot for personal preferences and it later happens to turn out that
you are unfit for military service due to these body modifications.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de