[extropy-chat] The Consensus :Expressio unius est exclusioalterius

randy cryofan at mylinuxisp.com
Thu Dec 4 18:20:38 UTC 2003

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:41:42 -0000, Dirk wrote

>The Consensus:-
>The political party for the new millennium
>http://www.theconsensus.org

I really like your new political party. It aligns fairly well with my
own political beliefs.  However, since there probably only about a
dozen people in the entire world who adhere to these same political
beliefs, I doubt it will take the world by storm, and the chances of
it making any dent here in the USA is of course nil.

But how do you feel about the European welfare states? You wrote:

"From the Right we believe in individual responsibility to balance
individual rights and that less government is best government – that
governments should regulate, but not act as an employer or wealth
producer. "

This would seem to cast the European welfare states in a less
favorable light?

You also wrote:
"We are nationalists in that we believe that every major cultural
group should have its own homeland and live under laws of its own
choosing and in its own way. Also that the independent nation state is
the last line of defence for the common people against exploitation by
unrestrained Global Capitalism. We are 'inclusive nationalists' in
that we believe that all of our citizens have equal rights and are
equally welcome irrespective of race. So if you are looking for
nationalists who are not racists, sexists or into euphemisms such as
'traditional values', here we are. Our nationalism is a celebration of
our future, not the past."

I completely agree about having homelands and nation as small and as
homogeneous as possible.  This increases the available amount of
Social Capital, which gives more leverage to the citizens over those
entities and persons who have more financial leverage.