[extropy-chat] Whoops! and holiday greetings; was Re: Atheists barred from office in seven states

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 6 01:09:25 UTC 2003

Whoops!  I wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:14:40PM -0600, Damien
> Broderick wrote:

> [I *think* it's a prank, but you can never be
> sure]

As distinguished from you *believe" it's a prank?

Greetings and best wishes to you and Barbara this
holiday season.  I hope youse guys are together again.

Jeff

             -------------------------

The above was not meant for the list.  Forgot to paste
Damien's address into the "To:" line.

Anyway, let me take this opportunity to wish all of
you on the list the beast this holiday season.  And
may we all enjoy ten thousand* more.

*YMMV

         ------------------------------

Here's a little something for your amusement, which I
thought hilarious, and found at Ye Olde Rad Blog

http://radified.com/blog/archives/000051.html

"To work at some 'sensitive' industrial facilities,
you often have to take a psych test. I remember one
question on such a test. It asked: "If you could sneak
into a movie theater and knew for certain you wouldn't
get caught, would you do it?" I answered 'No' ..
thinking this was the obvious right answer. Not!

They didn't like my answer and called me into the
office, where they told me they thought I was lying on
the test, specifically citing this question, saying
that a 'normal' person would answer 'Yes'. I said,
"Oh, I meant to say, 'Yes'". They said, "That's
better," and gave me the job."

Best, Jeff Davis

  Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?

                          Groucho Marx