Intelligence corellations was RE: [extropy-chat] Atheists barred from office in seven states

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 6 01:33:44 UTC 2003

--- Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> This is an interesting one.  The actual material in
> the website identified by Harvey is quoted and used
> by creationists.  Now it appears it is a front for
> a pornographic distributor.  This is just too good.

I have been wondering for some time now whether there
is any research to correlate 'intelligence' with
'various cultural parameters'.  For example religious
belief, with sub correlations to specific religions
and degrees of fundamentalism.  Or along political
lines: Repub, Dem, Liber, Green, Indep, Commie,
non-voter.  Or say, liberal vs conservative.  Or gay
vs straight.  Not to mention along gender lines.

I've googled in search of this data, but so far no
luck.  Any of y'all got any tips for me?

Clearly, such 'data' is controversial and subject to
a high bogosity coefficient (cf The Bell Curve).
Never the less, inquiring minds want to know.

Personally, I want this information for evil purposes.

Bwah, hah hah!

Best, Jeff Davis

"We call someone insane who does not believe as we do
          to an outrageous extent."
                     Charles McCabe