[extropy-chat] theobiology

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 6 02:11:15 UTC 2003

Damien Broderick <thespike at earthlink.net> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Avantguardian"
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 5:04 PM

`Fellowship University'? Google finds it not, not surprisingly.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%2B%22fellowship+university%22&btnG=Google+Search

actually Google found 25,600 references to the phrase "fellowship university"

> Some of the most celebrated geniuses in history have been of the second
type: Newton, Einstein, Bohr, Pascal, etc.

Bohr deplored religion, saying it was bad for people to believe lies.

Yeah he deplored "organized religion" just as I do. Don't misunderstand me, I am not advocating Christianity, Jehovah's Witness, Judaism, Islam or any other so called "religion". I am talking about a nameless spirtuality. A sense of oneness with the Universe. Besides if he didn't believe in SOMETHING then why did he have the "Yin and Yang" put on his family coat of arms when he was knighted by the queen of England? Yin and Yang are a several thousand year old Taoist religious symbol.

The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."