[extropy-chat] promoting libertarianism effectively

Sun Dec 7 01:36:08 UTC 2003

Max More wrote,
> However, I disagree that *anything* done to get ideas about
> liberty out there is good. First impressions have a powerful
> influence on the human mind. A poor first impression only
> increases the work to be done.

I have to agree with Max on this one.  There are two ways to market a
product.  If the product is good, you focus on the product.  If the product
is bad, you focus on anything else.  Any advertising that has to resort to
sexual distraction only does so because the product is itself uninteresting.
It is a clear admission that the target audience has to be bribed or tricked
into showing any interest.  People who are looking for sexual appeal are
unlikely to find the other message as interesting anyway.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,