[extropy-chat] Alternate Universe: Human Spaceflight Without NASA?

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 gpmap at runbox.com
Wed Dec 10 11:26:26 UTC 2003

No, D. D. Harriman is a fictional character. The article mantions some real people (Bezos, one of the founders of PayPal, plus others), who want to found and fund private space ventures. I loved Heinlein's novel with Harriman (forgot the name) but I think today is a bit naive to think that space can be developmed ONLY with private funds without government involvement. Synergy is the key.