[extropy-chat] Doubt and About

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:22:11 UTC 2003

I don't remember where I read this, but maybe it was here:
There has been some recent speculation that the overall trend in global
warming is part of a variation in orbital cycles that seem to repeat every
22,000 years, and 100,000 years. This had to do with the total irridiation
of the planet at higher latitudes. With more irridiation, came less ice.
Less ice meant more CO2, and more warming in a positive feedback loop. The
reverse was also shown.
I am pulling this from the faintest sector of my memory, so I'm not sure how
correct this summation is. Does anyone else here remember posting such a
message?