[extropy-chat] Doubt and About

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 04:14:49 UTC 2003

--- Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> >>I will root for the guys doing actual
> > > life extension,
> > > and attempt to maximize fun while doing so.  {8-]  spike
> >
> > Let me clarify my point.  I am not arguing for more science
> > and less fun.  I am arguing for more science and less
> pseudoscience.
> There is
> > nothing wrong with having fun instead of doing science.  What I am
> against is doing
> > pseudoscience and calling it science because it is fun.
>

> Oh OK, Im cool with that.  Great post on Mikes
> global warming comments too.  {8-]  Im eager to start
> thinking of ways to deal with a rising sea level.
> Lets start by building some dams and canals.

Yes, I think a dam or two in the passes betwen the Caspian and Black
Sea basins would help significantly there. The more fresh water we can
hold onto there, the less likely it will wind up as glaciers next time
around.

I also wonder why there isn't more talk about learning to live
underwater. The island dwelling nations are all yapping, as if global
warming is an assault on their sovereignty or something. I say, if the
ocean level actually does rise, then it is an opportunity for them to
forge ahead into a new age of pioneering exploration.

And what is so wrong about the poles melting anyways? All of that very
potentially fecund land that is just lying there frozen and ice
covered. I say melt em away and start shipping people there.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey