[extropy-chat] internet car sale scam

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 13 08:29:49 UTC 2003

Hard to de-scam over the net Spike. I'm not familiar enough with
some of the processes. Looks to me like a botched scam though.
The letter sent conflicting hubby and Wife is just sloppy considering
that money was already moving and the scam was already on-foot.
Had they not alerted you or your friend with the sloppiness they'd
have done better perhaps. They can't even get the story straight
when there's money already moving.  Pretty sad.

The 7000 instead of 8000 could have been a calculated sympathy
play on a targeted (i.e. profiled) soft-touch American but the hubby
Wife thing blows it.  Soft touch != soft head.

Interesting.

Brett