[extropy-chat] EU constitution collapses

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 20:35:03 UTC 2003

--- scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:
> But I ask: what else is Europe [...]
> if not a direct, strong attempt
> to challenge the US?
>
> > A direct, strong attempt to be independent of the US?
> > Dirk
>
> Well "direct, strong attempt to challenge"
> is, perhaps, too strong. But it is a fact
> that EU means, essentially, France + Germany,
> since the very beginning, till now. And it
> is a fact that relations between France and
> Germany vs US are ... what they are.

Well, Spain and Poland are the spoilers, apparently. They hold nearly
as much power as France and Germany and are both pro-US.

What F&G really hate are the fact that so many of the new and candidate
states are pro-US. It isn't enough that the US has spoiled both their
ambitions overseas for a century, we've gone and converted much of the
rest of europe to our view. All Spain and Poland need to nix the
ambitions of F&G are a few other states.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey