[extropy-chat] The Brights Movement's Forums

J Corbally jcorb at iol.ie
Mon Dec 15 22:50:59 UTC 2003

>Message: 5
>Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:00:34 -0600
> >From: "Damien Broderick" <thespike at earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] The Brights Movement's Forums
>To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>

This from the "rational" man who couldn't build a rational argument against
cryonics.

>It will be interesting to see if the very bright founders are modest enough
>to pay heed and change it.

It's not looking like they will.  Can't say that I blame them, I don't
think it's that bad a term.

Also on the upside, many familiar faces (including myself) are fighting the
good fight there are spreadin' those LE memes.  Overall, the Brights are
seemingly quite "bright" with regards to indefinite lifespans.

James...