[extropy-chat] ASTRO: Spitzer/SIRTF images released

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 19 19:54:20 UTC 2003

> Aside: This is a variation on Robert's MBrain notion: instead
> of the MBrain nodes forming a enormous shell surrounding the
> star, they would form a sphere orbitting the star, perhaps to
> reduce the distance between and thus latency between nodes.  Call
> it an SMBrain, SM for Spherical-Matrioshka?  No wait, that makes
> it sound like it uses all that brainpower thinking about
> kinky sex games involving chains and whips.  SBrain?

SBrain sounds rather dull.  Lets see, how about Matrioshka-
Spherical: MSBrain?  No, that sounds like a brain ravaged by
multiple sclerosis, or an AI by Bill Gates and company.  How
about Bradburian Spherical: BSBrain?  Clearly that will not work.
We may be stuck with SBrain, but be sure the S has nothing to
do with spike.  {8-]  spike