[extropy-chat] when will computers improve?

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 19 19:59:10 UTC 2003

I am sick and tired of my computer crashing because I have too many things going on at once. With 1 GB memory, I am still stuck with this archaic 64k limit in resources.
I am using windows98SE because I can;t seem to get myself to pay $200 for the most recent upgrade to a crappy OS. I can;t use anyhting but Windows because the software for my business isn;t availablee for anything else.
My biggest problem is the stupid 64k maximum allowable system, user, and GDI resources.
Is this built into the current computer standard (IBM clones), or is it a Windows issue? If it is a problem with the design of computers, then at some point we are going to have to trash the current IBM base computer model with the 640k base memory workaround and the 64k maximum allowable system, user, and GDI resources. If it is Windows, then when are they going to fix it?
Also, is this a problem with Macs?
I guess I'm just getting very annoyed, looking for alternatives, and not finding what I would like to see. Why is it that the most popular computer system is rife with so many archaic vestiges which are useless? When will this change?
OK. I'm done venting now. I feel much better. Thanks!