[extropy-chat] when will computers improve?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 16:44:18 UTC 2003

--- Kevin Freels <kevinfreels at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I've had the same trouble woth Corel applications. Now that you
> mention it, my troubles became noticable after installing
> wordperfect. Hmmm.
> Coincidence?

Depends on the version. I was running Ventura 7, which was a major
upgrade of the application, and it came with lots of bugs that needed
patching. Corel's policy at the time was recommend users use a Matrox
G400 video card with their application. At the time this was a
relatively higher end video card, so it took a while to convince my
employers to spend the bucks on it. Upgrading to version 8 wasn't
nearly as painful. But it is interesting that Corel would make
recommendations as to type of video card to use with their
applications.

Corel is programming is applications in XML or a very XML-like
language, or so I've been told.

I was running NT4 at the time, which was way more stable than 98 or ME,
and user colleagues elsewhere said that 2000 pro worked even better.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey