[extropy-chat] when will computers improve?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 17:25:30 UTC 2003

Yes, windows system fonts should not be messed with. There are only
about a dozen of them, though. They are typically one of the default
fonts, i.e. if you load a document that is formatted in a font you
don't have, and isn't loaded either in the document file or on the
media that document came on, Windows will look at its default font and
use that as a substitute.

--- MB <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote:

> I did that and ... found I'd uninstalled a font that Windoze
> used.  Bummer. Had to go get it again.  So be careful! I'm
> sure if you have that problem, someone here can send you
> whatever font you've killed. :)))
>
> Regards,
> MB
>

> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Kevin Freels wrote:
>
> > Thanks, but I've been there and done that. I have a program called
> process
> > explorer that actually shows me all the process going on. Nothing
> there but
> > my drivers, etc as described and stuff that needs to be there. I
> did just
> > reduce my fonts from some 50 or so to about 25. We'll see how that
> goes.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark