[extropy-chat] PROG: Alan's APEX

Alan Eliasen eliasen at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 20 20:48:59 UTC 2003

Mike Lorrey wrote:
> Was wondering if you could create multiple CD images so you could offer
> the full complement of programs that are in the APEX, so we can burn
> them all to, say, a two or three CD set???

   I don't want to sound non-responsive, but as I provide the APE and
APEX as a courtesy to my friends, not as a product, I probably won't
spend too much more time on packaging.  I'm not trying to be a jerk
about it, but it already takes up more time and space and bandwidth than
I really should allocate to it, so what's there probably won't change
too much.

   On the other hand, once you have the full, unabridged APE or the APEX
zipfiles, then you can easily extract the files you want and pare them
down and split them into whatever's appropriate for your 650 MB or 700
MB CD-ROM, or DVD-ROM, or 256 MB USB flash memory device, or
business-card-size CD.  People use it all these ways.  I know
downloading the whole monkey isn't at all efficient if you only want
parts of it, but it's more or less the most efficient in terms of my time.

   Sorry!  My customer service is better for real products, really.  :)

--
  Alan Eliasen                 | "You cannot reason a person out of a
  eliasen at mindspring.com       |  position he did not reason himself