[extropy-chat] sjbrain calcs

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 02:45:41 UTC 2003

--- Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> An SBrain uses the same amount of material but is packed
> much tighter.  Not nearly as tight as an Sandbergian JBrain,
> but tighter than a traditional MBrain.  The Jupiter mass
> of nodes orbit 5 AU from the central star like an enormous
> fluffy planet out there by itself, over 100 times the diameter
> of Jupiter.  Think of it as analogous to the guy at the carnival
> converting a sugar cube a cm on a side into a big fluffy wad
> of cotton candy.

Ah, so this is a cloud 5 AU out, not a shell around the sun of 5 AU
dia? You had me (and I think Eugen) confused. Ja, in that case you
wouldn't need that much charge to just keep them separated. Don't know
what the point would be though.

I had thought that we were talking stealthing out the sun and so forth,
which is why I was talking the way I was.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey