[extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] Re: OT: Physics humor

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 25 15:41:50 UTC 2003

A friend of mine majored in Physics here in Rome, Italy. One of his first
exercises was to experimentally calculate G (gravitation constant). Well,
his professor considered as fakes all results too much near to the real
value...

denic

>>> Electron Band Structure In Germanium, My Ass
>>> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~kovar/hall.html

----------------------

I did this at uni, by means of Cavendish's balls (oo-er). I was out
by just one order of magnitude, which was considered pretty good
going.

Rob

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program