[extropy-chat] Smalley, Drexler and the monster in Lake Michigan

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Tue Dec 30 17:10:14 UTC 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> So what if such statements turn out to be wrong? We know better, we
> will reach Drexlerian nanotech inevitably, and IMHO much sooner if the
> luddites are made the fools in order to derail their attempts to
> legislate against Drexlerian nanotech.

Mike, you may want to take a look at Howard Lovy's blog entry for
Dec. 24, 2003:
  http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2003_12_21_nanobot_archive.html#107228757469551087

Its an interesting perspective on why people blowing smoke might
be a good thing by ecouraging the serious people to point out the
flaws in the arguments of the various anti-nano individuals & groups.

Robert