[extropy-chat] antique computers

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 18:23:30 UTC 2003

--- Emlyn O'regan <oregan.emlyn at healthsolve.com.au> wrote:
> That's an excellent idea, Mike; long overdue. Beautiful polished wood
> cases for desktops should have a nice niche amongst the beige-hating
> tasteful (count me in :-)
>
> Have you thought about a wooden keyboard? Finicky, but I would think
> it was doable. Also, maybe a wooden mouse; with both of these you
> should be able to replace the plastic casing & keys I would think.

Ideally, I'm imagining something with a bit of victorian or neuvo
design, like an old style antique typewriter, brass hardware trim, etc.
though that might be a bit of an effort. A wooden mouse with a brass
trackball would be cool though.
I've even been thinking of desks with built in computer workstation
systems, slots in the top to insert CD/DVD/Floppy media, mount PDA
devices, etc. and a flat panel display that slides up.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                                    - Gen. John Stark
Blog: Sado-Mikeyism: http://mikeysoft.zblogger.com