[extropy-chat] A job for me?

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Tue Nov 4 02:49:46 UTC 2003

My story was not too dissimilar until I was 25 or so and decided too finally
get around to going to college.  After 8 years of no schoolwork I was a bit
worried.  But it was actually a piece of cake.  If anything I had more
knowledge of what I wanted and was less distracted than any competing 18 yr
olds.    I started with 2nd and 3rd year math and computer classes and easily
made the dean's list even in the 1st semester.   But you are 7 years older
you say?  Well the best student in one of my hardest computer courses was a
65 yr old former housewife!

Pick something you really care about and believe you can make a real
difference in or that would make a difference (beyond just the bucks) in your
life and how you see yourself.   Anything less and you probably won't do your
best or fully engage.   Look for something you love.

Best of Luck!

- samantha