[extropy-chat] Historic Solar Flare

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Thu Nov 6 08:50:43 UTC 2003

It is quite surprising.  The 2nd flare last week was considered statistically
anomalous by current models.  To get a third and more powerful flare than
either within a week must certainly be very unusual.    It is not an area of
any real personal expertise but what I am reading at least looks as if it
will cause a fair amount of rework of some of our solar behavior models.

We are quite fortunate that this one was not headed squarely our way.  I hope
this wild level of activity calms down before we catch a good size one.

- samantha